Picture Credit: lemonflowers | Kageki December 2021 / The Fascination! Program
Standard Profile Information
Name: Oto Kurisu
Kanji: 音 くり寿
Current Troupe: Flower
Status: Current (Retiring September 4th)
Nickname: Kuri, Kurisu
Birthday: December 18th
Hometown: Saitama, Saitama
Favorite Food: her mother's cooking, fruit
Favorite Flower: rose, baby's breath
Favorite Colors: white
Hobbies: oil painting, watching theatre and films, listening to music
Special Talent: calligraphy
Origin of Stage Name: because she has been in contact with a lot of music from an early age
Favorite Role: All of the roles she has received
Would Like to Try Playing: wants to play various roles
Debut: 2014 (100th Class) Takarazuka Dance
2015 - Current Flower Troupe
2022: Years of Pilgrimage / Fashionable Empire, Countess Laprunarède
2022: Top Hat (Umeda Arts Theater), Madge Hardwick
2021-22: Genroku Baroque Rock / The Fascination!, Tsunayoshi
2021: Sorrowful Cordoba / Cool Beast!! (National Tour), Anfelita Navarro
2021: Augustus / Cool Beast!!, Octavia
2021: Nice Work If You Can Get It (Tokyo Int'l Forum/Umeda Arts Theater), Jeannie Muldoon
2020: Haikara-san: Here Comes Miss Modern, Kitakouji Tamaki
2020: Masquerade Hotel (Drama City / Nippon Seinenkan), Nagakura Maki
2019: A Fairy Tale / Charme!, Pulche
2019: Boys Over Flowers (TBS Akasaka ACT), Sanjou Sakurako
2019: Casanova, Venera
2018: The Prince of Lan Ling (Drama City / KAAT), Luo Fei (musumeyaku lead)
2018: Messiah / Beautiful Garden, Yaichi
2018: Love Blooms Out on the Murasakino / Santé!! (Hakataza), Toochi no Himemiko
2018: The Poe Clan, Dilly
2017: Hanna's Florist (TBS Akasaka ACT Theater), Anabel
2017: Wind Over Yamatai-koku / Santé!!, Iyo
2017: My Hero (Akasaka ACT / Drama City), Myra Parker
2016-17: Snowflake Anthology / Golden Desert, Sharaddha
2016: Romanesque Mask / Melodia (National Tour), Cécile de Volanges
2016: Me and My Girl
2016: Ernest in Love (Umeda / Chunichi), Cecily (shared role with Shiroki Mirei), London Girl
2015: The New Tale of Genji / Melodia, Akitsu, Kumoi no Kari (Tokyo only)
2015: Stardom (Bow Hall), Sarah
2015: Embraced by the Seas of Calista / Takarazuka Fantasia
2014: The Lost Glory / Passionate Takarazuka!
2014: Takarazuka Dance / Guide to the Future / Takarazuka Flower Poems 100!! (Grand Theater)
Shinjin Kouen Roles
2020: Haikara-san: Here Comes Miss Modern, Countess Ijūin
2019: A Fairy Tale, Mysterious Lady
2019: Casanova, Daniela
2018: Messiah, Saki
2018: The Poe Clan, Margott
2017: Wind Over Yamatai-koku, Great Shrine Maiden
2016-17: Golden Desert, Talharmine (as a child)
2016: Me and My Girl, Sally (musumeyaku lead)
2015: The New Tale of Genji / Melodia, Wakamurasaki
2015: Embraced by the Seas of Calista, Young Roberto
Concerts, Dinner Shows, and Special Performances
2019: Takarazuka Special 2019 - Beautiful Harmony
2019: Love Arena (Asumi Rio Concert), special guest appearance
2018: Takarazuka Special 2018 - Say! Hey! Show Up!!
2017: Takarazuka Special 2017 - Je t'aime Revue -90th Anniversary of Mon Paris-
- Part of "Group A" of the 100th class, which performed with Star Troupe before receiving an official troupe assignment in February 2015.
- Announced to play the role of Kumoi no Kari in Tokyo run of New Tale of Genji / Melodia on 11/30 after Ousaki Ayaka suddenly fell ill. Shiroki Mirei was to play Murasaki no Ue, and Kumoi no Kari was to be played by Haruhi Urara, but was later given to Oto Kurisu.
- Her favorite Takarazuka actress is Todoroki Yuu and she named Hanafusa Mari as an actress she looks up to.
- As a child, she wanted to be an otokoyaku.
- In school she was a member of the calligraphy club. "Actually I wanted to join the pottery club, but had confused rooms. So I had to join the one which room I unintentionally entered" (from Graph, 16/02).
- Her favorite plays are Flaming Love, The Poem of Love and Revolution -Andrea Chènier-, Elisabeth and Phantom. Her favorite drinks are yogurt drinks, her favorite place is a kitchen while cooking, and her favorite princess is Cinderella. Her charm point is her chin — during Music School days her classmates used to stroke it, saying 'it seems to bring luck'. She wants to become an actress who can act the whole life of a character in one play. In her free time she wants to learn to speak English, in order to travel to many foreign countries (Kageki 2016.03).
- Former musumeyaku Yume Natsuki is her cousin.
- Only 2nd act in Takarazuka, only 1st act in Tokyo (shared role with Shiroki Mirei).