Image Credit: An Improvisatore / Mon Paris (1957) Program
Standard Profile Information
Name: Shirai Tetsuzou
Position: Director / Playwright
Former Takarasienne: No
Birthday: April 6th, 1900 (passed away in 1983)
Hometown: Shizuoka Prefecture
Hobbies: He was very interested in France and all things French.
First Takarazuka Work: YEAR Name of Performance
Projects Directed by Shirai Tetsuzou
- In addition to creating the first revue show ever staged in Japan (Parisette), Shirai-sensei was a choreographer.
- He studied abroad in France as a young man.
- He translated "Sumire no Hana Saku Koro" into Japanese.
- He and Shibata Yukihiro were known to argue over the course of the Revue.
- Married former Takarasienne Okitsu Namiko.
- Was forced to take a 10-year hiatus that lasted through the 1940s due to his support of Western revue-style productions that conflicted with rising war-time tensions.