READ BEFORE EDITING THIS PAGE
Picture Credit: Caithion / 80th Anniversary Book
Standard Profile Information
Name: Ueda Shinji
Kanji: 植田 紳爾
Position: Director / Playwright
Former Takarasienne: No
Birthday: Jan. 1, 1933
First Takarazuka Work: 1957 Mai Konda Kami-sama
List of Works
Most famous are:
1971: My Love Lies Over the Mountains
1974: The Rose of Versailles
1977: Gone With the Wind
1982: Japan Overture
1995: Map Without Borders
- Ueda-sensei is one of the most famous Takarazuka Revue playwrights/directors. As of January, 2007, he has written 101 shows for Takarazuka. He is the author of the famous Rose of Versailles adaptions which continue to be enormously popular, even 30 years later.
- He was the head of the Board of Directors from 1996 to 2004.
- The former revue star Ashihara Kuniko introduced him to the revue to get a job as an assistant in 1957.
- In 2006 a special show was held in the Grand Theater to celebrate his 50th anniversary with the company: Dream Memorandum.
- His wife was the heiress of the Yamamura Style traditional dance school. Because women can't be the head of such a school, Ueda Shinji is a nominal head and so is mentioned as 'Yamamura Shinji'. But his real name as 'Ueda Shinji'
- He is the Bachelor of Letters