READ BEFORE EDITING THIS PAGE
Picture Credit: Oh, Takarazuka 60th
Standard Profile Information
Name: Oogi Chikage
Kanji: 扇 千景
Status: Retired Star
Nickname: Kanko (based on the reading of the kanji 寛 in her name)
Real Name: 林寛子 (Hayashi Hiroko) (Her maiden name was Kimura 木村)
Birthday: May 10, 1933
Hometown: Kobe, Hyogo
Origin of Stage Name:
Would Like to Try Playing:
Debut: 1954 Spring Dance
YEAR - 1957 Senka (Film)
1954 - YEAR Flower Troupe
1956: Woman of the Night Mists (Snow), Jenny
Shinjin Kouen Roles
YEAR: Name of Performance, Name of Role
Concerts, Dinner Shows, and Special Performances
YEAR: Name of Show
2007: Kobayashi Ichizou 50th Memorial Special “Pure, Proper, Beautiful”
- She was among the injured in the train accident at Kasuganomichi station, Kobe (two trains crashed on September 8th, 1948). Hankyu Corporation took responsibility for the accident. When one of the company members (Nakata Daizou) saw Oogi Chikage in the hospital, he advised his father to let her join the Revue.
- Graduated 4th in her class.
- While a member of the Revue, she stared in several movies and TV shows.
- She retired in 1957 in order to marry kabuki actor Nakamura Senjaku the next year. Her sons, Tomotarou and Hirotarou, are both Kabuki actors. She hopes her grand-daughter to enter the Takarazuka one day.
- She continued acting for some time, before switching to politics in the late 70s. Was a leader of New Conservative Party of Japan and the first Minister of Land, Infrastructure and Transport.
- Became the first female President of the House of Councillors (2004 - 2007).
- Awards: Grand Cordon of the Order of the Rising Sun, 2003; Grand Cordon of the Order of the Paulownia Flowers, 2010; and also the Taiwanese Order of Brilliant Star with Special Grand Cordon (2008).
- Gave the stage name to Ougi Chika (61st class; written as 扇 千花).