About Takarazuka Performances from March 9th
NOTE: This is not a word-for-word translation, just a summary of the latest announcement on the official website.
To help prevent the spread of disease, the company will be putting the following policies into place and asks for your understanding.
- The Grand Theater final performance of "Valley of Xuanyao / Ray" will take place on March 9th.
- The Tokyo Theater run of "Once Upon a Time In America" will resume with the 1:30 show on March 10th.
A Request for Audience Cooperation
If any of the following applies to you, we request that you please not attend a performance:
- If you are feeling unwell.
- If you have a fever of greater than 37.5°C (99.5°F), or are showing symptoms of a cold.
- If you are sneezing, have a runny nose, or other things which may cause other audience members to be disturbed.
- If you know that someone in your family, place of employment, school, or around you has the coronavirus.
- If you have come to Japan from China, Korea, Qom, Tehran, or Gilan Provinces in Iran, and have been in the country for less than 2 weeks.
- If you go to see a show, please follow proper hygiene precautions like washing your hands.
- Please wear a mask, or if you don't have one, please use a handkerchief or hand-towel and think of the other audience members around you.
- To prevent large crowds from gathering around the theater, irimachi and demachi near the stage doors is suspended.
If you need to miss a performance at the Grand Theater or Tokyo Theater, or a Takarazuka Fan Club event from March 9th to March 26th for any of the above reasons, you will be able to request a ticket refund. More information to be posted on the web site.
To Prevent the Spread of Disease
- A thermography machine will be installed in the theater entrances to measure temperature. If yours is over 37.5°C, you will not be permitted entrance.
- To circulate the air, ventilation within the theaters will be on high.
- Restaurants and cafes within the theater complexes will be closed.
- There are antiseptic solution dispensers near the entrances for customers to use.
- All theater staff will be wearing masks.
- There will be no physical contact between the actresses and audience.
- The theaters will not be renting out blankets. If you get cold, please bring your own.
- There will be no toujitsuken (same-day) ticket sales from March 9th to March 26th. Tickets should be purchased in advance from the website.