Quick question: what do you show people that are curious about Takarazuka? I have some friends coming into town and after hyping Takarazuka for the past few months they are down to see some stuff. I'm considering showing them:
- Excalibur or LUNA for a one-act (for the subs, and the fun plots)
- Greatest Hits for a revue (I think it's just so fun, and still new so the video quality won't be too distracting)
- Clips from Phantom 2004 (one is a huge Broadway/Andrew Lloyd Weber and I want to show her a different approach to the same source material, and talk about Wao Youka/Frank Wildhorn from the other direction (aka she knows all about Wildhorn but not the true star of that pair))
- Clips from For The People (They've heard about this "Tom" person but are still like, "huh"? - they are also fully aware of the pros/cons of that show and want to have a discussion)
- Something with Micchan because she's so bubbly (suggestions??)
- Something with Daimon laughing maniacally (I can't narrow it down), because we're all trying to go to Japan in the next few years and I'm hoping she's still top then.
Anyway, does anyone have any stories of showing other people Zuka for the first time? How did they take it? (aka at what point did they also become huge fans XD)