Loading...
 

Introductions


Currently in or coming to Japan?

Since quite a few people have been squeeing in the Introduction thread about being in Japan, I thought maybe we should have a thread where people currently in Japan or with concrete plans to go there in the future can chat. (I admit, part of me is envisioning a giant "Foreigners Go to the Theater" Day twhere we storm a local Takarazuka theater en masse and show Hankyuu that there are more non-Japanese fans than they imagine...)

So to start things off, I'm in Niigata prefecture, which means I can go see a show in Tokyo if I take a 2-hour shinkansen ride or a 5 and a half hour bus trip. Not the most convenient, but I guess it keeps me from spending all my money at the theater. ;)

It sounds like there's quite a few people over in Kansai? Going to the theater in Takarazuka is rather difficult for me since that's over 10 hours away by bus, but I hope I can visit Kansai again sometime this year. :D

(P.S. I hope it's alright to start this kind of topic here. If not, let me know and I'll move/delete it.)
posts: 2
Hey!
Anyone here currently in/coming or living around Kansai? I'll be going to see Tsuki gumi's "1789 -バスティーユの恋人たち-" with friends next month (May 19th). If someone is interested to join, feel free to let me know!
Also in July I'll probably go to see Hana gumi's "ベルサイユのばら—フェルゼンとマリー・アントワネット編—" in Umeda if we can get tickets that is.
Maybe going to see Yuki gumi's "星逢一夜(ほしあいひとよ)" as well but it's more like 50/50. I'm just a poor student after all. lol :'(
First performance I've seen live was Hana gumi's "カリスタの海に抱かれて" this month.

But not just for the performances, if someone is here in Kansai, I would love to get to know you!
Just write me a message :)
posts: 10 United States
> Hi folk, I'm English and have been living in Osaka for three years so far. I've only been to two plays , but have such a great time when I go I wish I could go more often. It would be nice to meet someone to go with :) Feel free to message me on facebook: Jessica Legon, the only one in Osaka as far as I know! Yoroshiku!

I don't do Facebook, sorry, but I was just over in Kobe for a week. I loved it, of course. I plan to return to Japan in November, probably stay in Kobe again. Or close by. My LiveJournal name is "helsgard" if you want to chat. I would love to meet up with other Zuka enthusiasts; my last trip was kinda lonely. (I'm currently in California.)
posts: 29
I know this probably sounds ridiculous right now, but myself, my sister, and a girlfriend want to go to the Takarazuka Grand Theater for some performance for the 100th anniversary.

We figure we MIGHT be able to afford the trip by then... :D

When the time comes it would be great to go with other people who know their way around...my oral Japanese isn't great but I can't read the alphabets yet except for a character or 2.

We also want to go to Takarazuka Salon and play dress up - how much does that cost? We're trying to collect data so we know how much $$$ we need. :]
posts: 1
Hi folk, I'm English and have been living in Osaka for three years so far. I've only been to two plays , but have such a great time when I go I wish I could go more often. It would be nice to meet someone to go with :) Feel free to message me on facebook: Jessica Legon, the only one in Osaka as far as I know! Yoroshiku!
posts: 2
I just got hired by an English school and will be returning to Japan in about 3 months, don't know the exact date just yet. This will be my second time in Japan, I was an exchange student in Mito, Ibaraki for a bit Fall 2008.
posts: 128 Japan
I know that most people here seem to post when visiting Tokyo, I'd like to add that I live in Kobe, so if anyone winds up coming out here to Kansai to see shows in Takarazuka itself, I'm often around - particularly when Tsukigumi is in rehearsals and performances!
posts: 7
> > Hi Jen,
> > I am going to try my luck tmr, and maybe again this weekend...
> >
> > Maybe I will see someone just outside the theatre...Wish people at the box office could understand English...
>
> I don't need to buy toujitsuken, so I won't be in line, but I'll be around the theater in the morning on Saturday and will be seeing the show at 11am. I'm about 168cm and have shoulder length brown hair. If you see me, feel free to say hi. :)

I'll see if I can make it...Takes me about 2 hours to get there...
I went on 08/26...standing tickets only...but it was worth it! And I waited outside to see Chia chan. I was really lucky, and got really close! She is as cute as in the pictures!
posts: 31
I really like all this "gaijin fans" together business. It makes me wish wholeheartedly all over again that I was currently in japan and could join in even a little bit...I hope the team effort is still going on when I get back next spring!! It was be so nice to head to the theatre knowing there are a few friends to meet up with at the other end! :)

> Since quite a few people have been squeeing in the Introduction thread about being in Japan, I thought maybe we should have a thread where people currently in Japan or with concrete plans to go there in the future can chat. (I admit, part of me is envisioning a giant "Foreigners Go to the Theater" Day twhere we storm a local Takarazuka theater en masse and show Hankyuu that there are more non-Japanese fans than they imagine...)
>
> So to start things off, I'm in Niigata prefecture, which means I can go see a show in Tokyo if I take a 2-hour shinkansen ride or a 5 and a half hour bus trip. Not the most convenient, but I guess it keeps me from spending all my money at the theater. ;)
>
> It sounds like there's quite a few people over in Kansai? Going to the theater in Takarazuka is rather difficult for me since that's over 10 hours away by bus, but I hope I can visit Kansai again sometime this year. :D
>
> (P.S. I hope it's alright to start this kind of topic here. If not, let me know and I'll move/delete it.)
posts: 166
> Hi Jen,
> I am going to try my luck tmr, and maybe again this weekend...
>
> Maybe I will see someone just outside the theatre...Wish people at the box office could understand English...

I don't need to buy toujitsuken, so I won't be in line, but I'll be around the theater in the morning on Saturday and will be seeing the show at 11am. I'm about 168cm and have shoulder length brown hair. If you see me, feel free to say hi. :)
posts: 7
Hi Jen,
I am going to try my luck tmr, and maybe again this weekend...

Maybe I will see someone just outside the theatre...Wish people at the box office could understand English...

> > Hi, I will be in Japan (Mito) 08/24-08/29...I have to make a presentation on 08/25, other than that, I plan to watch shows...anyone going to Legend II around that time?
> >
> > I am going to buy a map at tha airport so I can find my way...
>
> Hi Maryuna,
>
> I know there will be at least two foreign fans there this weekend, possibly three or four on Sunday. I wish I could go in, but I spent too much money last month when Tsukigumi was in town, so I'm not allowed. ;)
>
> ~Jen
posts: 645
> Hi, I will be in Japan (Mito) 08/24-08/29...I have to make a presentation on 08/25, other than that, I plan to watch shows...anyone going to Legend II around that time?
>
> I am going to buy a map at tha airport so I can find my way...

Hi Maryuna,

I know there will be at least two foreign fans there this weekend, possibly three or four on Sunday. I wish I could go in, but I spent too much money last month when Tsukigumi was in town, so I'm not allowed. ;)

~Jen
posts: 7
Hi, I will be in Japan (Mito) 08/24-08/29...I have to make a presentation on 08/25, other than that, I plan to watch shows...anyone going to Legend II around that time?

I am going to buy a map at tha airport so I can find my way...
posts: 20
caithion & i will be heading in to Tokyo this weekend for Legend. we'll be doing tojitsuken...so if anyone is in the area we'll be around.
posts: 645

Anyone heading in to Tokyo for "Elisabeth" senshuuraku? There will be a few of us in town, probably hanging out for lunch or enjoying the (hopefully) nice weather in the parks.
posts: 7
lliriblanc
WOW...that's cool...
I have to figure out when my presentation is scheduled, and I should probably spend the rest of the time going to theatre...
bilingual map...I will get one now!

Thanks!

Still, it would be fun if other Takarazuka fans can go together :)
posts: 39 United States
>maryuna
I wouldn't worry too much about not knowing Japanese. I went to Tokyo with my mother last year, and while my Japanese is passable, my mother doesn't know anything at all. She still managed to get around Chiyoda for a whole day by herself, and she said that whenever she got lost usually someone who spoke a little English stopped to help her. Just bring a bilingual map and a notepad to write questions on and you'll be okay even if someone can't meet up with you. :)
posts: 7
OK, I am not sure if I will be able to make it or not...but I have a conference in Mito (Tokiwa Univ) Aug 22-29, 2009. I submit a paper to this conference, only because I want to watch Takarazuka live on stage!

I am waiting to get my visa...not sure if it will work out...
If I can go, I will definitely go see a show in Tokyo...Legend of the Four Kings II should be on...and I was kind of planning to stretch my stay to watch Toko's Aida...

Problem is...my Japanese is really bad...and I am afraid that I won't be able to get around by myself...:(
Would be nice if I get my visa, and then meet up with someone who can speak Japanses...or at least know how to get to the theatre...

keep my fingers crossed...
posts: 20
show Hankyuu that there are more non-Japanese fans than they imagine...

They really do know. And are very appreciative of it. Perhaps a few letters in to the main office would reinforce that though.


> Since quite a few people have been squeeing in the Introduction thread about being in Japan, I thought maybe we should have a thread where people currently in Japan or with concrete plans to go there in the future can chat. (I admit, part of me is envisioning a giant "Foreigners Go to the Theater" Day twhere we storm a local Takarazuka theater en masse and show Hankyuu that there are more non-Japanese fans than they imagine...)
>
> So to start things off, I'm in Niigata prefecture, which means I can go see a show in Tokyo if I take a 2-hour shinkansen ride or a 5 and a half hour bus trip. Not the most convenient, but I guess it keeps me from spending all my money at the theater. ;)
>
> It sounds like there's quite a few people over in Kansai? Going to the theater in Takarazuka is rather difficult for me since that's over 10 hours away by bus, but I hope I can visit Kansai again sometime this year. :D
>
> (P.S. I hope it's alright to start this kind of topic here. If not, let me know and I'll move/delete it.)
posts: 8
Well for the past 9 months ive been living in Osaka area, to be more exact in Tetsutonda Shi, next to Suita, sooo Takarazuka for me to get there takes me about 45-50min by local trains (15 to Umeda, change JR to hankyu and 35min to Takarazuka)

sadly im returning to Mexico next month, seen 3 plays already(Amour and Elisabeth), and June 28 im going again to takarazuka to the Legend ver II, and thinking in buying Me and my Girl Flower grop for Umeda Arts Theatre though

but the 3 times ive been there, i can only say that most od the foreigners ive seen there like turists though lol (no offense though), but on those 3 days i could say in total 11 foreigns seen there (dont know maybe some asians there too but its hard to notice them in big crouds :/ )

and if well anyone is going to see The Legend Ver II on the 28th of June, always happy to meet new people!!
posts: 20
I am in Tokyo - quite a long time but a recent addition on the Takarazuka scene.

Went to the theatre yesterday for shonichi - by bike! Tooo windyyy.

New member thanks to the efforts of two aboard who helped me navigate my way in - they know who they are.

Yoroshiku neh!
Page: 1/2  [Next]
1  2 
 

Registration